American Express Travel’s Escape journal is a quarterly publication that provides travel inspiration and sometimes travel offers to American Express Card holders. The Winter 2015 issue had a list of top 10 trending destinations in 2015. After seeing the list, I almost want to make it a goal to try and visit each one in 2016! It’ll be no easy feat, but if I can find some free 4-day weekends it may be possible! Here is the list.
1. London, UK I’ve been to London a few times, but it is one of those cities where each time you go back it still has something new to show you. I most recently stopped over on our way to Ireland from Paris last year, and also made a business trip over last April.
Parliament at sunset
2. New York, New York We already checked New York off our list to visit this year after having a great time seeing the ball drop in Times Square on New Year’s eve. Read about it here.
Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center
3. Buenos Aires, Argentina I’ve long been fascinated by Argentina. They have some of the best wine in the world and rumor has it some of the best beef in the world too. I’d like to try and make it to Buenos Aires for a culinary tour.
4. Mumbai, India If there is one city on the list that I would be skeptical of it would be Mumbai. Escape says it has a growing art gallery scene. If I were to visit India I would also want to see Jaipur and the Taj Mahal in Agra.
5. San Francisco, California San Francisco is an awesome city that I hope to have a chance to visit with Mallory this year. We will be spending Easter with Mallory’s sister in Fresno, so maybe we can drive up to for a night.
The Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, CA at sunset.
6. Sydney, Australia Sydney has ALWAYS been at the top of my list of places I want to go. This year it became a lot easier to get there with American Airlines starting direct flights from LAX to Sydney. I may have to try and book a trip with miles before American’s devaluation on March 22!
7. Santiago, Chile There have been some really good deals to Santiago recently. Like Copa Airlines $294 round trip fare from Orlando. I’d like to visit Santiago for the food and culture. If another deal like Copa’s pops up I may have to book it!
8. Paris, France Mallory and I went to Paris last May and had a lovely time. Paris is a great city to walk around, sit outside at some cafes and people watch, and of course to eat and drink. Not sure if we will get back to Paris this year, but you never know!
9. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico The Pacific coast town is home to great fresh caught fish, a historic city center, and of course margaritas. I haven’t been to Puerto Vallarta in about 8 or 9 years, so I would love to go back!
10. Providenciales, Turks and Caicos I have been all over the Caribbean, but one place I haven’t yet made it to is the Turks and Caicos. The group of islands is positions south east of the Bahamas is known for its crystal clear blue waters and white sand beaches. There have been some decent fares from our home airport in Tampa, so if I happen to see one we can use points to get our hotel and spend a long weekend there.
These are Escape’s top 10 trending destinations from 2015. Keep an eye out for a post where I will list my top 10, and Mallory will list her top 10 destinations. One way to get to see some of these trending destinations or a destination from your destination list is to set up a fare alert on Airfarewatchdog. You can pick destinations, airlines, and hotels. You can read Escape’s article here.
What would your top 10 destinations be? Let me know in the comments below!